Mind Aberystwyth are offering a limited number of 1-1 Wellbeing Chat sessions for Students of Aberystwyth University. These sessions are part of a pilot for a new service, and will take place over Microsoft Teams for a duration of 90 minutes. These sessions will be a chance for students to discuss their mental health, and access support to find the right service for their wellbeing.
Who is it for?
· Would like someone to talk to
· Want signposting and advice
· Require information on accessing MH services
· Cannot access other services
· Are on waiting lists for other services
The Student 1:1s are not:
· Professional, psychiatric support
· A service in their own right; they are a pilot of what a potential service could look like
· Most students will receive a single session due to capacity.
You can find a self-referral form via the Mind Aberystwyth website (https://mindaberystwyth.org/welcome-to-the-student-zone/ ), the AU student support website: (www.aber.ac.uk/en/sscs/wellbeing/mind ), or through the Mind Aberystwyth Student Zone Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/mindaberystwythstudentzone ). Please email these referral forms to firstname.lastname@example.org – spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. There are limited spaces available as this is a trial service, and therefore completion of a referral form does not guarantee a session. Risk monitoring and assessment will be conducted in line with the Mind Aberystwyth Personal Risk Assessment Procedure.