We are pleased to provide details of a new time limited peer support funding opportunity from Mind Aberystwyth, Mind Pembrokeshire and Llanelli Mind. If you are a member of a community group in Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire or Pembrokeshire that helps people affected by suicide or self-harm, or you have always wanted to set one up, this opportunity might be for you. The Gobaith Peer Support Project is offering grants of up to £1000 with training and support attached.
To be eligible for the grant, training and support the following criteria must apply:
- You must either represent an existing group, or be looking to set up a new group, focused on the topic of suicide or self harm
- Groups that currently meet online or via video chat are eligible, but the majority of members should be based in Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire or Pembrokeshire.
- If the group meets in person, or intends to start doing so following the relaxation of social distancing rules, it should be primarily based either in Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire or Carmarthenshire.
- The group should have clear ideas about how they will spend the grant including costings
- For new groups, the applicant should have at least 1 other person interested in establishing the group initially.
- The group should be willing to receive at least one peer support training session from Mind Aberystwyth, participate in evaluation (questionnaires and case studies), and have a Mind Project Worker attend some sessions of the group.
To download an application form click below:
If you have any questions or need assistance completing the application form, please contact the Gobaith Project Worker on 07958788172 or write to email@example.com.